Christmas is closer than you think. In fact, Lindsi has already started decorating her house! I personally believe in waiting until after Thanksgiving, but Lindsi is a little more zealous than I am. The girls and I did, however, start getting into the Christmas spirit last week by making some ornaments for our tree. The first of many I will be sharing with you is the popsicle stick snowflake ornament.
To be honest, we made a few ornaments and I took pictures in the process of making most of them except this one. Nutty made it so fast, I didn’t get a chance!
To make your own, you’ll need:
- 4 wooden craft sticks (popsicle sticks)
- wood glue (Elmer’s glue will work fine too)
- blue paint
- fishing line or ribbon
1) Start by gluing two popsicle sticks in the middle, 90 degrees apart.
2) Repeat with two more popsicle sticks.
3) Glue the two sets together so that they line up with “spokes” 45 degrees apart.
4) When dry, paint and decorate with glitter and jewels.
5) When the paint is dry, use fishing line or ribbon to make a hanger.
6) Hang on your Christmas tree!
Do you make your own ornaments for your tree? What have you made?