Need something quick, easy, and fun to do with your kids? Try popsicle stick catapults! They provide tons of fun for very little effort.
What can you do with these catapults?
- Try launching various objects to see what goes further.
- Aim to launch objects into cups. Have contests to see how many objects you can launch into cups in a certain amount of time.
- Stack more or less sticks in the middle to see which provides more height for launch.
The ideas are plentiful! My daughter had the most fun seeing how far she could move her bucket away and still get her dime into it.
To make your own popsicle stick catapults you’ll need:
- 8-10 popsicle sticks
- 6 small rubber bands
- small objects to launch
1) Start by rubber banding 5-6 popsicle sticks into a stack. You’ll want to put rubber bands on both ends.
2) Next, rubber band two sticks together on one end only.
3) Slide your stack of sticks between the two popsicle sticks on the open end then rubber band the stack together in an X fashion.
4) Last, place a rubber band toward the end of your top stick so that your objects don’t slide down the stick prior to launch.