I’m almost embarrassed to post this DIY Fudgescicle or Fudge Pop recipe because of how easy it is. However, it is so easy that most people don’t even think about doing it!
We were in the grocery store and my girls were begging for Fudgesicles. Our grocery budget for the week, however, did not include the $6 treats. Never fear, we had the ingredients at home to make our own (for $5 less)!
What you’ll need to make your own:
- Instant chocolate pudding
- Milk (2% or whole milk makes for a creamier popsicle)
- Popsicle molds or ice cube trays/toothpicks or small cup/popsicle sticks
Really!! That’s ALL you need! I told you this was a ridiculously easy recipe!
(Here’s where I apologize for the lack of photos in this post. I was living in the moment with my girls when we made these and I completely forgot to take photos!)
How to make your own Fudgescicles or fudge pops:
- Make the pudding according to the directions on the box (this is where the milk comes in).
- Put the pudding in the popsicle molds. If you don’t have popsicle molds, you can put the pudding in ice cube trays. Cover the trays with plastic wrap then punch toothpicks into the center of the ice cubes. Same goes for small cups with popsicle sticks. The plastic wrap helps to keep the sticks in the middle of the pop.
- Freeze until firm.
Yes, homemade Fudgesicles or fudge pops are THAT easy! However, you can also put a spin on these pops…For some variation, try blending bananas, strawberries, raspberries, melted caramel or even some nuts, into the chocolate pudding when you are mixing it.
Do you make your own popscicles? Share your recipes in our Toys In The Dryer Community.