Earlier this fall I did a post about making your own treasure hunt. For Valentine’s I’m taking it one step further with Cupid’s Treasure Hunt! Please note that the beginning of this project requires time when your kids are not around so you can surprise them.
1) You’ll need to start by printing off a Valentine’s coloring sheet. I found the cute one above at Mom’sWhoThink.
2) Color the sheet and then cut it into puzzle pieces.
3) Next make a map of your house. You can get as detailed or as not detailed as you want. I made mine heart-shaped on pink paper for Valentines. I also crumpled it, burned the edges, and made some holes just to make it look a little older and like a real treasure map.
4) Put Xs on the map where your children will find puzzle pieces. Make sure you have as many Xs as you have puzzle pieces.
5) Hide the puzzle pieces in your house where you put the Xs on your map.
6) Give your children the map and have them hunt for the puzzle pieces.
7) When all the pieces have been found, have them assemble the puzzle.
8) My puzzle says “For You” so once the puzzle was assembled I surprised my kids with a Valentine’s treat!
How do you make Valentine’s fun for your kids?