With some activity going on every evening during the week this month, dinner is not something I have been focusing on nor have been wanting to make. I’m always on the look-out for quick and easy meals and Minute® Rice has become a staple in my cupboard for those meals. One of my family’s favorite Minute® Rice dinners is Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice.
Only 5 ingredients and 1 pan this recipe can’t get any easier. Substitute some of the cooking time and effort with pre-cooked chicken and you’ve made a super simple and really quick meal.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 can chicken broth (14.5 oz)
- 2 cups Minute® Rice (uncooked)
- 1/2 lb (8 oz) of prepared cheese product cut into 1/2 inch cubes (we use Velveeta®)
- 1 package (10 oz) of frozen broccoli chopped and thawed
1) Cook chicken in a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
2) Add broth and bring to a boil.
3) Add rice, cheese and broccoli. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 10 min.
4) Stir until cheese is completely melted and well blended.
I told you it was a super easy dinner! It also has 4 of the 5 food groups in the USDA My Plate. Serve with a side of fruit or serve fruit for desert and you’ve got a completely balanced meal your whole family will love.
Minute® Rice is so quick and easy to prepare and is great pantry staple. When meal time seems like a hassle, Minute® Rice is a go-to ingredient your whole family will love and allows you to have more quality time doing what your want with your loved ones.
Leftover rotisserie chicken or veggies from a meal earlier in the week? Minute® Rice can easily be paired with some of your leftover ingredients to make a quick, easy and wholesome meal your whole family will love in just a matter of minutes.
Visit http://www.minuterice.com/ to create a great main meal or side dish for your next family get-together or potluck.