Candy overload?!!! It seems like once the Halloween candy was gone then the Christmas candy came and when that was gone then the Valentine’s candy arrived….so now Easter candy too? Ugh! My kids like candy like every other child out there but we thought it might be fun to share some ideas of what to stuff their Easter baskets with other than candy that won’t break the bank.
50. Sunglasses for the coming sunny months
49. Deck of cards, go fish or old maid work great too- my kids think this is the coolest thing ever!
48. A bag of balloons- for water balloon fights this summer
47. Lip balm or lip gloss- my kids go crazy over this one!
46. Terracotta pot- paint it together and plant something pretty
45. Seeds (for planting their favorite colored flower or vegetable)
44. A new book- who doesn’t like a new book?
43. A new DVD
41. Photo album
40. Small package of crackers
39. A new swimsuit- you are going to need one anyway
38. Play dough
37. Flashlight (trust me your kids will love it!)
36. Bottle of bubble bath
35. Fancy edged scissors
34. Old fashion toys (yo-yo or jump rope or Frisbee)
33. Their own water bottle- every kid loves to have one just for them
32. Construction paper
31. New crayons- let’s be honest brand new crayons are awesome
29. Mini doodle board
28. New toothbrush- surprisingly my kids think this is what the Easter bunny brings everyone
27. A bag of trail mix
26. Brightly colored socks- everyone loves new socks
25. Cake mix or cookie mix- you can make them together
24. Beach towel- because you’ll need one for the summer
22. Their very own box of band aids
21. Nail polish (of course for the girls)
20. Wind up toys
19. Summer toys- bucket and shovel, beach toys
18. Coins or a dollar bill
17. A note from the Easter bunny
16. Coupon for one room cleaning (great for the older kids)
15. Kids fishing pole
14. Temporary tattoos
13. New flip flops- they look so cute in the basket
12. Bouncy balls
10. Stuffed animal
8. New hat (for the boys) or New headbands (for the girls)
7. Colored pencils
6. Box of their favorite cereal (not kidding- they’ll love it!
5. A new plastic set of plates, cups, or bowls- just for them!
4. New summer pajamas
3. A new coloring book
2. Sidewalk chalk
What do you put in your kids’ Easter baskets?