Let’s face it, we all get cranky at times. You wake up thinking the day will be great and then find yourself constantly yelling at the kids. Nothing is going the way you think it should and you just want to pull your hair out.
We’ve got 15 ideas that might help brighten your mood when you’ve got the Mommy Grouchies!
2) Mommy time-out–Give yourself a time-out just like you do to your kids. Tell your kids that you are in a time-out because you are cranky. Sit in your room for 5-10 minutes and gather yourself together.
3) Chocolate–Chocolate can cheer anyone up! Run to the store and pick up your favorite chocolate treat! photo source
4) Listen to music/Have a Dance Party–Crank up the tunes. You’ll be amazed at how your favorite song can cheer you up. Dance with your kids and you’ll be having fun in no time!
5) Call someone–Sometimes you just need to vent.
6) Make silly faces and take pictures–Use your web cam and make funny faces with your kids. Take photos of the funny faces. Guaranteed to bring on the laughter!
7) Meditate/Pray–Give yourself 5-10 minutes to breathe deep and think happy things. photo source
8) Exercise–Do a few jumping jacks or a full blown work-out. Releasing endorphins is a great way to brighten your mood!
9) Clean–Getting rid of clutter and mess can help you feel less stressed and can make you feel happier.
10) Scream in a pillow–Grab a pillow and let it all out! It helps me!
11) Fake a potty break–Grab a book and lock yourself in the bathroom for a few minutes. When your kids knock, tell them you want to go potty in private. Just don’t lock yourself in the bathroom for too long!
12) Snuggle time–Hug your kids. It’s hard to be mad at them when you are snuggling! photo source
13) Sing–Instead of yelling at your kids to pick up their toys, try singing to them to pick up their toys. Make up some lyrics and a tune and laugh as you try to come up with the next line!
14) Stretch–Relieve some muscle tension and lighten your mood!
15) Have a drink–Let’s face it, sometimes you just need a drink! Just don’t drink too early in the day and don’t drink too much! photo source